This blog started as a way to promote my calendar Everyday Genealogy and has evolved into its own genealogy blog.
As a way to blend the two I am going to start posting seven tips every week. I will also continue writing the blog based on the tips and my genealogical adventures.
- West Virginia became a state on this date in 1863
- Researching in West Virginia? Family members born before 1863 may list Virginia, not West Virginia as their birthplace in census records.
- New Hampshire became a state on this date in 1788.
- “A Very Grave Matter” is a collection of pictures and cemetery records focused on New England, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Maine cemeteries. Visit: www.gravematter.com
- Researching or live in New Mexico? Check out the New Mexico Genealogical Society website. Visit: www.nmgs.org/index.htm
- Looking for an out of print book? Visit: www.Biblio.com
- Researching you Spanish Heritage? The Spanish Archives Portal offers free research. Visit: http://pares.mcu.es
- Virginia became a state on this date in 1788
- Library of Virginia has searchable databases ranging from military and newspaper to cohabitation registers. Visit: http://www.lva.virginia.gov/ Select-> Using The Collections
- The Battle of Little Big Horn was fought on this date in 1876
- Looking for a list of 7th Cavalry casualties and wounded at Little Big Horn? Visit: http://www.interment.net/us/mt/bighorn.htm Select -> Custer National Cemetery
I hope you enjoy it!