Friends of the National Archives Southeastern Region
The webinars on this site are FREE if attended live. To view past webinars you must become a 'Friend' or 'Member' of the National Archives ($25 per year). The list of upcoming webinars includes:
- Records of the War of 1812
- Using U.S. Federal Records to Locate the Townland of Your Irish Ancestors
- Railroad Retirement Records & Records of the CCC
- Maritime Records
- From Bunker Hill to Koble
- Social Networking - New Horizons for Genealogists
Webinars in the "Members Only" section include:
- Using Federal Records Without Visiting the Castle
- Researching Records Relating to the Five Tribes of Oklahoma... made a little bit easier
- Using Civil War Records to Research African American Ancestors
Legacy Family Tree
The webinars from Legacy Family Tree are free when attended 'Live'. It appears past webinars can be viewed for up to 10 days. The one that caught my eye was by Thomas MacEntee titled "Navigating the 1940 U.S. census". It is free to view until March 19.
I attended a webinar last night on RootsMagic version 5. While I am not promoting RootsMagic I was pleasantly surprised to find that they have a page of free webinars to help folks learn about their product and its features. Plus, they are FREE and it never hurts to shop around!